Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Where've I been: Let's catch up!

 
(a picture of me once we had reached the top of the mountain on our 8 hour trek!)
 
Hello strangers,
 
This feels very weird as it has be an incredibly long time since I last published a bog post (nearly a whole month to be precise!)
 
Life get's crazy sometimes and sadly this little corner of the internet gets pushed to the back of my priorities. Over the last couple of months so much has been going on: I've been busy revising for m college exams coming up in May this year, re-building relationships with certain members of my family, learning to drive, being there for my friends, taking a week trip to Morocco, North Africa to work on a community project as well as trying to figure out where to go with my life and start looking at uni's. It's all got a bit much at times to be honest.
 
I guess the point of this blog post is to say don't worry if I suddenly go a-wol for a week or two, it hopefully just means I'm busy running round like a headless chicken and don't have time to update ze blog. This summer I actually have a rather long one again, like I did last year...3 months to be exact! So although 'Lucy Abigail' may be quiet for the next couple of months rest assured  - I will be back filling up your timelines and bloglovin' feed sooner than you think.
 
Plus, in the meantime my sister Alice will still be publishing her weekly guest posts too - however I doubt I'll be holding her to this as like me, she has exams this summer too so if one week she really can't get a post out I'll think you'll all understand.
 
Aside from some upload admin, let me chat to you briefly about Morocco! It was such a good trip and I will definitely be doing a whole post packed full of pictures on it soon so look out for that. I went out for a week with Honours academy (a group of student who the college feel will progress onto top uni's) to do some community work for our sponsored village as well as some gruelling treks too. It was tough and at times we all felt like giving up, but we pushed through and had plenty of highs. The 8 hour treks proved to us how strong we are and getting to know the locals was lovely. I think one of the most important things I learnt on the trip, is that you can go to a rural village in the middle of the Atlas mountains, where the locals speak a mix of Arabic and Burba, yet a smile will still translates in ever language.
 
What have you all been up to lately? Did you watch the Eastenders reveal? Did you have a nice Valentines?
 
 Please feel free to either comment, tweet or email me with blog post requests of what you'd like to see and I'll do my best to try and make that a reality in the future.
 
 
Plus - It was 'Lucy Abigail's 3rd Birthday yesterday so just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for all of your love and support over the last three years. It means the world!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment