Friday, 8 November 2013

Lucy's Life & OOTD: Wells Cathedral




























OOTD:
Tights - Primark
Boots - Vintage 
Denim Skirt - Primark
Vestop - Primark
Cardigan - Matalan
Scarf - Boutique
Bag - Primark
(This outfit is my go-to one lately. It's comfortable, looks autumnal and it warm. Win, Win, Win!)


So a couple of days back I went to Wells for the afternoon. Wells is in Somerset and a mere 15 minute drive from Glastonbury (I'm 100% sure you will all know where that is!)

Wells is a truly beautiful town - in actual fact, it's a city....the smallest one in the country!

Ever watched Hot Fuzz? That was filmed in the wells! The church, pub - it was all in Wells! Everytime I walk through the square I feel like I'm about to get shot at from an old woman hanging out a window haha!

The houses are all so cute looking, the shops are adorable, there is an amazing bakery and well - just look at the cathedral! The Cathedral really is magnificent. I love going there as I find myself standing in awe looking up at the Abbey.

I am lucky enough to perform at the Cathedral every Christmas with my school and that is always so christmassy and magical!

Just round the corner from the Cathedral is somewhere called 'Vicar's Close'. The houses there have been there since 1363!! That is pretty phenomenal. The houses are lived in by the men who are in the Cathedral's Choir and their families. Walking down the street really is like being in a time warp!

I really recommend that if you're ever in the area you take a look at Wells. This tiny little city has a heck of a lot to offer!

7 comments:

  1. Your outfit is adorable!!

    xo,
    Madison Martine
    http://madisonmartine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are stunning!! LOVE your blog! This place looks beautiful:)

    Http://www.cosmeticsmile-x.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so so much! It is a truly beautiful place x

      Delete
  3. It's looks like such a beautiful building! And your ootd is so cute! Lovely blog, I'm now following!

    F xx

    thefrancescadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! Glad you liked it :) xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I love visiting cathedrals and places like this so I will definitely keep it in mind if I'm ever in the area :)

    Ria x
    naturiabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete